Download citation file:
- Ris (Zotero)
- Reference Manager
Readers will learn:
1. The positional boundary concept and how to apply it oddly configured “closed loop” features.
2. How to position elongated holes.
3. How to gage elongated holes.
4. How to position hoses, pipes and tubes using positional boundary.
5. Notes common to hoses, pipes and tubes.
6. To apply the positional boundary concept to an oddly configured hole, make it a datum feature and represent it in a functional gage at the correct virtual condition size.
7. What to do when gage measurements conflict with Coordinate Measurement Machine measurements.
8. How to create odd tolerance zones for cylindrical holes.
-rectangular tolerance zones
-bi-directional positional tolerancing, polar coordinate method.