Download citation file:
- Ris (Zotero)
- Reference Manager
Readers will learn:
1. To tolerance flexible parts.
2. The difficulties in fixturing and inspecting flexible parts to collect repeatable measurement data.
3. About free state variation.
4. That part should be inspected in the way that they function.
5. To apply temporary datum features for in-process inspection.
6. Common misconceptions regarding the tolerancing and inspection of flexible parts.
7. The criteria for selecting datum features on flexible parts.
8. The “free state” symbol and what it means.
9. How to write a “restrained state” note.
10. That all parts are to be measured in the free state, unless restraint applied does not distort measurements, or unless a note is written to allow inspection in the restrained condition.
11. To dimension and tolerance a fixture for simulate datum features for inspection.
12. How to apply and fixture “step datums”.
13. How to use multiple slot centerplanes to create a datum reference frame.
14. The most popular and effective datum scheme for tolerancing sheet metal panels.