Download citation file:
- Ris (Zotero)
- Reference Manager
Readers will learn:
1. How to specify datum target points, lines and areas on part surfaces.
2. To stabilize an inherently unstable part, such as a forging, casting, weldment, sheet metal or plastic molded part.
3. To fixture a part to datum targets with the least possibility of damage.
4. What a GD&T sheet is.
5. How to geometrically tolerance a sheet metal panel.
6. How to reference a CAD model for needed dimensions not found on a GD&T sheet.
7. How to use notes to specify restraint for allow flexible parts during inspection.
8. How to use a general tolerance note that includes profile of a surface controls.
9. How to specify and fixture equalizing datums
10. How to apply datum targets to tubes, pipes and hoses.
11. How to use datum targets to control pattern rotation.
12. How to apply and fixture moveable datum targets to a part.
13. How to apply and interpret datum features that generate center planes.
14. How to position spherical diameters.