Download citation file:
- Ris (Zotero)
- Reference Manager
Readers will learn:
1. To tolerance a fixed fastener assembly with appropriate geometric characteristic symbols.
2. To distribute geometric tolerances between mating datum features, clearance holes and threaded holes that use projected tolerance zones.
3. The questions to ask to select the optimal datum features for an assembly.
4. How to visualize Rule #1 using the GO gage principle.
5. How to read feature control frame symbols as a sentence.
6. Three options to prevent binding when threaded holes and screws are involved in an assembly.
7. How to measure a projected tolerance zone.
8. What the maximum material condition symbol after a datum feature of size means.