Current Status of Technology
• 10 systems have received Type Approval certificates
• 14 have received IMO final approval
• a further 3 are expecting final approval at MEPC 60
• 8 others have basic approval
• A further 7 may receive basic approval at MEPC 60
It is important to note that, not all systems are required to follow the IMO basic and final approval path to Type Approval as outlined in Procedure G9. If the system does not utilize an active substance as a biocide, a separate procedure for testing and verification according to Procedure G8 is undertaken. That said, it is expected that several systems are in the process of obtaining Type Approval in this manner as well, adding to those mentioned above.
Paper published with permission.